Friday, October 31, 2008

My 35 week appointment

Well, yesterday I went in for my 35 week ob appointment. I was 35 weeks 2 days. Things are looking good, Rayleigh has a strong heartbeat and still is measuring a little large, about a week and a half to two weeks. You know I can't have an average size baby. Well they also had to do the group b strep test on me so I got ready. When the doctor came in we were chatting about things just a little and I told her that i have had a lot more pressure and the braxton hicks were getting more frequent and uncomfortable. She decided that she would go ahead and check my cervix while she was at it. I have had contractions for about 7-8 weeks now and she said she wanted to know what was going on and not end up surprised. Well, we were both a bit surprised at what she found. Rayleigh has already dropped and is very low ( I could tell, I feel like I have to hold her in at times). I am also 2cm dialated already! My cervix has not thinned out any yet, but that is not a big deal. She said I could have her at any time and that they would not stop labor if it was to happen, though they would like for me to get to at least 37 weeks. So she wants me to take it easy until that point and then I can do whatever it is I want to try to further things along. Not that I could do much, I can barely walk at this point. We went to Wal-mart this morning and it about killed me, pathetic I know. So that also means I do not get to go out with the boys tonight for Halloween. I will stay home and pass out candy while Dusty takes them around. He was out of town last year and missed the whole thing, so this will be his year. Anyway, back to Rayleigh, she may make her appearance sooner than we expected, but if she wants to be a stinker and stay put they are going to induce me on Tuesday November 25, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. So please keep us in your prayers that everything works out for the best!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!! You are so gonna have that baby early. Weren't all your boys kinda early too?? Things will go fine, are you cool with your new doc....I know you had the same one with the other 3. 2cm...man I was begging for my epidural at that point. Keep posting updates, I love this stuff. Can't wait to see pics of your little one. Hope yall are doing good. Ok, so on another note, are you ready for Rayleigh....I mean, crib up, that sort of thing? Love yall,
Kelly

Justin and Keri said...

Your inability to get through Wal-Mart doesn't make you pathetic, Diana Leutwyler! It's probably a good thing you have to take it easy. I know you, you were probably overdoing things anyway, huh? I have to agree with Kelly, you are definitely going to have her early. I never felt that kind of pressure until it was time to push! God has certainly blessed you in the "poppin' em out" department...ha ha. Keep us posted and call me when you go to the hospital, if you can remember. Otherwise, we'll look forward to seeing her first pics on the blog!
Love ya,
Keri

Unknown said...

What an amazing thing to be thankful for this time of year! An addition to an already beautiful family! I can't wait to welcome Rayleigh into the world! Please, please, PLEASE take it easy and take care of yourself! I hope to see you after the new year. I'll be back in NM after Christmas. Hope you don't mind having a visitor! Love you!