Saturday, November 22, 2008

Introducing Rayleigh Marie Leutwyler


Rayleigh Marie Leutwyler made her debut on Friday, November 21, 2008 at 6:41am. She was a little bitty thing weighing in at 7 lbs even and 18 1/2 inches long.
We went into the Hospital Thursday night, close to midnight, after having contractions from my appointment on. We were admitted right away and I was dilated to a "strechy" 5 almost a 6. They put me on oxygen right away and I had to lay on my side. They said her heart rate was really fast, between 170-185 and didnt have much variability. It pretty much ran in a straight line on the monitor instead of jumping around a bit. Not a big concern. By 2:30 I was ready for my epidural, pain was getting pretty rough and I was super tired. By 3 I was at an 8, but my water had not broke yet. It was super bulgy and the nurse thought it would break at any moment and then the baby would be here so she cut down my epidural drip to basically nothing. Well, my water would not break and it was about 5:45 and I felt everything. She checked me again about 6:15 and I was complete so she called the doctor, who took his time coming. Finally, I was given the okay to push around 6:35 and my water broke and then with the next contraction I pushed and out came sweet Rayleigh in one fail swoop. We are home now and the boys are totally enamored by her, they will not leave her side and want to do everything for her. She is already on the path of spoiled little sister.


















5 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww...so so glad you have your sweet little girl!!!!! I'm so glad things went well! One push..you go girl!! Thanks so much for posting, I've been waiting to see these pics!! Hope you're doing well...make those boys be sweet to this little princess : )
Kelly

Wachsmann Family said...

Congrats and look at all that pink! So excited you have a girl now. I am sure she will be one sweet princess. Glad to hear you had a fast delivery!

Justin and Keri said...

We're finally home and I am so excited to get to see Rayleigh! She's so precious! She reminds me of Kaleb...except for all of that pink!! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait until we get to see you all and meet Rayleigh in person.
Love,
Keri

SSHuey said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I can't believe how darling she is. I wish I could hold her. I know you guys are so excited. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. God's grace and provision are absolutely amazing, aren't they? We hope to see Rayleigh soon! Give all the boys kisses!!

Kelly said...

Ok Diana, so I need to know how things are going?? It's been a full week and a half : ) Hope yall are doing well, adjusting to your precious little girl. Just thinking about yall.
Kelly